During our early years, Cornerstone purchased a building at 1610 W. Wall St which was quickly filled to capacity. A new Sanctuary was constructed on the property and was completely paid for by the time the construction was complete. Under the leadership of Pastor Spencer and the Elder Board, Cornerstone has been faithful to preach the Word of God and to unashamedly embrace the power of the Holy Spirit in a Christian’s life. The ministry has impacted thousands of lives with salvation, healing, restoration and deliverance. Over the years, the church has been challenged and motivated to be a constant influence for Jesus Christ in Midland. We have taken the Gospel door to door, mailed a copy of the JESUS video to every house in Midland, posted full-size billboards around Midland containing the Gospel message, and have continually challenged each person in the church to ” be the greatest Christian that someone knows”. By the grace of God, we have sent many short and long term missionaries to every continent. We have contributed significant dollars over and above our local budget to the benefit of missionary efforts, the construction of Bible schools and churches, and the aid of the poor in many countries. All of this to the glory of God — we believe that it is just a seed for what God has called us to in the future.
After years of service Pastor Spencer retired as Pastor of Cornerstone in May, 2007. In May 2008, Cornerstone moved to a new, completely renovated facility at 901 N. Midland Drive.
This facility which contains a gymnasium, locker rooms, weight and cardio room, sanctuaries for adult and youth services, classrooms, nursery, meeting rooms, kitchen, administrative offices and a six acre campus had been purchased in 2000 in preparation for the next chapter in the life of the church. In March 2011 Pastor Chris Cochran was hired as the new Senior Pastor. Pastor Chris served as Senior Pastor from March 2011 to April 2013. Pastor Bill Foster took over as Senior Pastor in June of 2013.
Cornerstone is poised to move to the next level of its growth and maturity which will include additional full-time ministers. We have the same compelling vision to make Christ known; a competent and well motivated team of leaders; a simple well crafted strategy and a deep desire to see people from all parts of our city impacted with the love of Jesus.
Because of the work of the Holy Spirit in the lives of a group of men in Midland, Texas, Cornerstone Christian Fellowship was founded in 1985 by Dick Spencer, who served as Pastor, and a group of five Elders as an independent non-denominational full-gospel church.
POWER :: PREPARATION :: PARTICIPATION
• The vision of Cornerstone is patterned after Acts 1:8, “…and you shall be My witnesses both in Jerusalem, and in all Jude and Samaria, and even to the remotest part of the earth.” This corresponds with our objective to reach Midland-Odessa, Texas, the United States, and the world with the gospel of Jesus Christ.
• Our vision, impact, and influence will be affected through teaching and preaching God’s Word. This includes but is not limited to salvation, deliverance, healing, the infilling of the Spirit (i.e. baptism in the Holy Spirit) speaking in other tongues, and the assurance that the Spirit still manifests Himself presently through spiritual gifts.
• Our vision will be accomplished as a result of Cornerstone being heralded as a place where the physically sick, regardless of condition or diagnosis, are presently healed by the power of Jesus Christ.
• Our vision will be accomplished as a result of earnestly seeking the Lord’s will through prayer, implementing His objectives, and allowing Him to move by His Spirit in our midst.
• Our vision will be accomplished through small groups that minister to the needs and desires of those who worship with us.
• Our vision will be accomplished through an increasing number of believers being added to the church and assuming their place of service within this local assembly.
• Our vision will be accomplished through local outreaches within our own community.
• Our vision will be accomplished through continuing to prayerfully and financially support missionaries in their gospel endeavors throughout the world.
• Our vision will be accomplished through utilizing and maximizing modern technologies and multi-media ministry outlets.
• Our vision will be accomplished through the continuance of short-term mission trips throughout the world by leadership and laity from Cornerstone.
• Our vision will be accomplished because of our acknowledgement that we exist solely for the purpose of glorifying God and advancing His kingdom. With this awareness, we are assured that as good financial stewards of the resources He will continue to bless us with, we will continue to grow as a body and increase without concerns for limitation. He will do “exceeding, abundantly above all that we can ask or think.”
William A. Foster
: : Senior Pastor : :
Bill Foster is a graduate of Liberty University Theological Seminary & Graduate School. He is the Senior Pastor at Cornerstone Christian Fellowship in Midland, Texas and is the President & Founder of Frontier Gospel Mission, Inc. Since 1994 he has served God in the role of Missionary, Evangelist, Pastor, Church Planter, and Bible School Instructor in more than a dozen nations on five continents. A 10th Mountain Division Combat Veteran, he is married to his wife Norma and has three children.
: : Discipleship Pastor/Youth Pastor : :
: : Church Administrator : :
: : Worship Pastor : :
: : Creative Director : :
: : Facilities Director : :
: : Children's Director : :
GET IN TOUCH
CORNERSTONE CHRISTIAN FELLOWSHIP
901. N MIDLAND DR
MIDLAND, TX 79703